Saturday, May 1, 2010

Black , feathery, and bad


Made you want to read again....Ahh ahhh ahh (think of me sounding like the count on Sesame Street)

Here's number two, don't worry, there are more than a couple of bird stories.

1. The raven of death
This story starts age 11 and involves Hailey and I guess well everyone else that rode home in our van. One day in Rocklin CA Hailey and I were merrily getting ready for church, I guess speak for myself, Hailey probably hated it. Anyway, there we were blasting Afterglow when we hear a tap tap a roo. So I turn down the music and say "Hailey did you hear that?" And then another faint tap tap... I follow the tap and lift the blinds to find a HUGE sick black crow on the rooftop just outside the window, tapping, eerily waiting for someone to come to his bidding. So of course I jump back a little startled and to my dismay I see the crow start to heave and heave, and eventually hawk up a sick dead carcass (who knows what he got to) and gently place it on the roof top and flies away. It felt like a car crash, you can't help but look even though everything tells you of the bad bad things in front of your eyes.
So I think "Well, that was disgusting" and return to crank up the Afterglow.
Then a few hours later we drive back from church and out of the corner of my eye I notice this black omen, hopping hopping on each sidewalk section, following our van all the way back to our house. CREEPY I just ran inside and thankfully never saw that wretch again.

Lesson.. never answer a tapping crow, you will get barfed on every time.

2 comments:

Lieske said...

LOL I love ya Jess!

beckstarr said...

if nothing, this is the best way for me to tell this story again to my friends. You have another story that I love to tell about your bird woes...the one where you shut Dr. Monroe out of your office because you thought the birds were a divin'. Such a great story.